I WILL STRIVE TO:
- Speak for myself, with honesty.
- Listen attentively, interact respectfully, acknowledge other people’s views and try to imagine holding their opinions.
- Confirm my understanding of what has been said.
- Remember that people differ in their perceptions, previous experience and communication needs and styles.
- Take responsibility for my words and actions and be aware of how they may affect others.
- Follow through with action on promises and commitments. Go directly to a person with whom I disagree and share differences respectfully. If needed, I will use a third party to mediate.
- Stay engaged and be patient with myself, others and the process of change.
- Lighten up, let go of the trivial and be willing to give and take.
Ratified 27 May 2007 – Unitarian Congregation of Saskatoon