As Unitarians we do not have a dogma or creed that we are encouraged to believe or follow. What we have is Seven Principles that we strive to consciously live by.
WE AFFIRM AND PROMOTE OUR PRINCIPLES
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our Congregation and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence, of which we are a part.
Our Statement of Mission
We, the Unitarian Congregation of Saskatoon, are a community founded on freedom of religious thought and exploration, which strives to:
- Speak with honesty
- Listen with respect
- Reason with compassion
- and live our principles